October 26, 2012 - Commercial aviation leader, Air BP will be briefing General Aviation (GA) customers on its new integrated global fuelling solutions for the GA industry at the 2012 National Business Aviation Association convention held October 30th through November 1st in Orlando, Florida.
“We’re looking forward to talking directly to GA customers about our distinctive offer of a global supply network backed by unparalleled technical support,” said David Wade, Vice President of Air BP North America. “Not only do we offer the rigor and quality assurance in storage and supply from refinery to wing tip that was once only available to large commercial and military customers, but we also work with North American GA customers to build up their facilities and develop selfserve options tailored to their needs.”
Air BP took direct control of North American GA customer supply arrangements in early 2012, covering both bulk product and ‘into-plane’ delivery. The Air BP GA offer includes supply on a bulk only, bulk and equipment, contracted into-plane and reseller basis. In addition to these supply choices, the company offers its innovative ‘Sterling Card’ and ‘Flight Card’ ad hoc payment options.
“Our Sterling Card has been developed to meet the flexible refuelling requirements of pilots who use our international refuelling network,” said Jose Bolivar, Director of Air BP’s North American General Aviation business.” It gives GA customers direct access to a refuelling network across more than 40 countries. NBAA is an ideal opportunity for customers to talk with their Air BP customer manager to explore how our Sterling Card will make refuelling easier.”
Convention attendees will also learn how Air BP’s bulk offer can add flexibility to their fuelling operations.
“GA customers often prefer to manage their own fuelling,” Bolivar said. “They can have their own tank at their hub location. The bulk offer means they can draw on service support and technical expertise directly from Air BP.”
In what is also a BP first for NBAA, Air BP’s booth (309) will accommodate both its fuels business and Air BP Lubricants. Air BP Lubricants is one of the largest global suppliers of aero-derived turbine oils, with products approved for use by over 90% of business jets in the market. Products include the high performance turbine oil, BPTO 2197, whose performance record amounts to over 250 million hours, and BPTO 2380, with a track record stretching back over 40 years.
Air BP booth visitors will also have the opportunity to meet BP-sponsored athlete and U.S. Paralympic Team member Rudy Garcia-Tolson, silver medallist in the 200 meter swimming medley at the 2012 Paralympic Games in London. Rudy will greet visitors to the Air BP booth and share how working with the BP team helped him succeed at the Paralympic Games.
Notes for Editors
BP in America:
- BP has invested more in the United States over the last five years than any other oil and gas company. With more than $52 billion in capital spending between 2007 and 2011, BP invests more in the U.S. than in any other country.
- The company is the second largest producer of oil and gas in the U.S., a major oil refiner and a leader in alternative energy sources including wind power and biofuels. BP provides enough energy each year to light the entire country.
- With 23,000 U.S. employees, BP supports nearly a quarter of a million domestic jobs through its business activities.
- For more information, view our BP in America animation video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6n9cZ1xxQw or visit www.bp.com.
- Air BP supplies and markets aviation fuels, lubricants, specialist products and aviation services worldwide. Air BP’s fuel product range includes Jet A-1 for use in turbine engine aircraft and Aviation Gasoline (Avgas) for use in piston-engine aircraft. Globally Air BP supplies these grades in bulk, via road tanker to the General Aviation market as well as offering into-plane services at over 600 locations globally.
- Air BP has been a primary supplier to the international general aviation sector for many years and a leader in supplying, operating and supporting a diverse portfolio of valued customers including business aviation operators, private airfields, original equipment manufacturers, FBO’s and emergency services.
- Air BP Lubricants is one of the largest global suppliers of aeroderived turbine oils, with products approved for use by over 90% of business jets in the market. Its products include: BP Turbo Oil 2197, for the most thermally demanding engine and accessory applications; BP Turbo Oil 2389, to assist more reliable Auxiliary Power Unit relight capability after cold soak at altitude; BP Turbo Oil 2380, an oil with exceptional load carrying and low temperature start capabilities; BP Turbo Oil 25, for the demanding loads of helicopter gearboxes; and BP Turbo Oil 274, suited for older turboprop applications.