Every year, new catchphrases that initially bring clarity to maritime industry panel discussions, conferences and exhibitions can quickly become loosely-used jargon. At first glance, ‘cyber-risk’ would appear to fit the buzzword bill, but the virtual threat is more than a passing fad; it is here to stay and will require intelligent long-term solutions.
With a wealth of maritime heritage and its status as Europe’s number one port, Rotterdam today is a vibrant city whose business and cultural significance has been coined in the phrase ‘Manhattan on the Maas’, to denote the sleek architectural skyline that symbolises its regeneration.
Despite economic and political challenges, Russia’s firm intentions to grow its maritime industries while driving cooperation in the Arctic proved to be key themes in the lead-up to NEVA 2017, which took place in St Petersburg between 19-22 September.
It used to be said that when the US sneezed, the world economy caught a cold. Today, the harbinger of economic well-being is China, which has been functioning as the engine of world economic growth for at least 20 years.
Europort 2017 is just around the corner! Check out our infographic for details of where JLA and our clients will be, the show themes and some Rotterdam maritime stats...
- Nor-Shipping Infographic
- Video marketing: why bother?
- SMM 2016: digital, green and other networking routes
- The road to SMM
- Conference speaker slots: 5 things to keep in mind… part 2
- Conference speaker slots: 5 things to keep in mind… part 1
- Remote possibilities
- Buying advertising space in trade publications – Circulation / Readership
- JLA memoirs from Posidonia 2016
- Crafting original content for maritime & offshore B2B