02 August 2021 – GTMaritime, a leading provider of secure data communications software to the shipping industry, has released two significant product updates addressing fast-evolving cyber security and digitalisation needs in shipping.
Available for download now, GTMaritime’s secure maritime file and data replication solution, GTReplicate, has been substantially upgraded to provide customers with greater file synchronisation capabilities across satellite networks.
New features available from GTReplicate v1.2 include:
- Email integration, allowing shore side emails to be used as a source or target for replication
- Ability to invoke third party applications and execute scripts before or after data transfers
- Flexible file transfer options for a range of configurations including delta revisions
- Migration of GTRAFT jobs to GTReplicate to reduce the load on email transfers
- Access to the GTMaritime dashboard to monitor job history
- Simple, efficient job creation/management to effectively manage the fleets data transfer
- Ability to archive or delete transferred files
Delivered over FastNet, GTMaritime’s independent and secure data platform, GTReplicate v1.2 automatically configures, monitors and securely executes fleet wide file transfer tasks from a central location. FastNet optimises data streams between ship and shore by removing the need for crew intervention and reducing the number of vessel connections needed, greatly improving cyber security.
In addition, GTMaritime has released GTSentinel 8, the latest version of its comprehensive maritime antivirus software. GTSentinel capabilities continue to develop, based on advancing GTMaritime expertise and ESET’s award-winning protection and multi-layered internet security to deliver powerful antivirus cover for ships and shipping.
GTSentinel 8 provides customers with a range of advanced protections including: machine learning; advanced memory scanning; exploit blocking; botnet protection; malicious DNA detections; and a unified extensible firmware interface (UEFI) scanner. Distribution of GTSentinel 8 has been streamlined allowing customers to only download the specific product editions required.
GTSentinel’s “Live” functionality provides updates as soon as they become available and benefits from GTMaritime’s optimisation technologies to deliver the highest levels of protection with minimal bandwidth usage. Additionally users can still opt for daily or weekly updates to meet the needs of very low bandwidth/volume data plans.
Mike McNally, Global Commercial Director at GTMaritime, said: “As digitalisation continues to advance across the maritime sector, it is essential that cybersecurity software meets changing market needs. GTReplicate v1.2 and GTSentinel 8 are the latest fruits of our continuous product development strategy and offer greater resilience than ever before to the evolving threats our customers face.
“The protection provided by GTSentinel 8 is ideally suited to vessels which are VSAT enabled, for example. Live updates are based on millions of ESET users worldwide to provide near to real-time protection against emerging threats. With over 8,000 vessels now benefitting from GTMaritime products, we continue to invest in our maritime solutions, so that customers receive the highest level of cyber resilience and efficiency.”
Wherever you are, we are.
- Over 20 years maritime communications experience
- 8,000+ vessels & 500+ businesses worldwide trust GTMaritime with their communication solutions
- Proven 100% service record with no unscheduled downtime
- 100% malware blocking with over 86,000 malware attacks stopped in the last 12 months
- Over 5.3m spam messages and 1.7m known viruses blocked in the last 12 months
- 24-7-365 technical support from ITIL trained engineers
- Offices in the UK, USA and Singapore along with a global partner network
- Continuous software development ensures rapid deployment of new functionality, as well providing software updates for vulnerabilities
Since 1998 GTMaritime has been providing a range of technology solutions and services to the maritime industry that serve to enable effective communications over satellite.
We specialise in providing solutions and services that help ensure vessel compliance and business operability 365 days a year, as well as keeping crew in touch with friends and family whilst at sea. All of this is backed up by a market leading infrastructure and unrivalled 24-hour customer support, every day of the year.
Our development team deliver continuous development and enhancement features to ensure our products stay ahead of the ever-growing cyber threats, with silent system enhancements deployed on a weekly basis.
We provide these services from three offices – our head office in the UK and local offices in the USA and Singapore – and increasingly through an established and growing network of resellers and partners around the world.
For further information: